Page 79

CHAPTER 10

Israel & Jason’s Dorm Room

The cameraman is on Israel’s side of the room, watching him comb out his thick afro in front of a mirror.

Jason walks in, carrying his camouflage briefcase. He sits on the bed and unties his boots.

JASON
Howdy.

ISRAEL
What up doe.

JASON
Israel, I gotta say. Your exhibition was really impressive. I can definitely see you in the finals.

ISRAEL
Call me “Issi.” And I appreciate the kind words, sir. But I think the fans are probably rooting for you win it all.

JASON
Really? Why?

ISRAEL
Well, you can’t use the portal like the rest of us. You’re limited to your weapons. That makes you an underdog. People love an underdog.

JASON
I guess. But I’m sure you have your fair share of fans, too, especially the ladies.

Israel chuckles.

ISRAEL
Yeah, well, I really don’t care what anybody thinks of me. I’m here to win. Period. And to get a piece of Adrien.