Page 88

The cameras zoom in close on his face. In a slow, monotone voice, Olson speaks to the viewing audience.

OLSON
My name is Olson. I represent Noble Care, a free clinic. We don’t have the necessary funds to take care of our patients. Winning the tournament will rectify that problem. Stacy will be my toughest obstacle. With her White Eyes mode, she’ll have both the speed and experience to counter my projections. But thanks to Dale Hunt, I may not have to deal with her. All of the others here believe that Dale is the weak link. I respectfully disagree. This game we play is mental. To win, you have to be 100 percent focused at all times. And Stacy has a lot on her mind: Adrien Dillard, last year’s incident, Slater Johnson, the School of Miracles. It was smart for Dale to challenge her. Stacy isn’t focused, and Dale wants to take advantage.