Page 90

A long, white towel lay draped over a wooden bench near by. Slater grabs it and sits down, wiping the sweat from his face and chest.


STACY
I apologize for interrupting. You do know who I am, right?


Slater sighs. He doesn't respond.


STACY
Of course you do. Not many people get kicked out of the School of Miracles, right?


SLATER
You weren't expelled. What happened with you was before my time, but Walker said that your were always welcomed to -

STACY
Welcomed to what? Come back? To him and his lies? I don't think so.


Stacy sits next to him.


STACY
So how did Walker recruit you into his cult? Bet he's still preaching the same tired lines. Filling your head with all these wild ideas about the M-Verse. About spiritual gifts from another dimension. Wake up. It's the same song and dance that he gave me. Look where it got me, Slater. I almost died last year. If it wasn't for Galeforce, I may never have gotten a second chance.