Page 76

MARCIA
Well, hello to you, too, “Ms. Manners.” And just where have you been?

Stacy unloads the items from her bag onto the desk by her bed.

STACY
Just got back from putting in my challenge request.

MARCIA
Kind of early for that, don’t you think?

STACY
Yeah, well I’m an “early bird” kind of chick.

Stacy turns to face Marcia.

STACY
Look, I hope you don’t take this the wrong way. But I won’t be in this room very often. And when I am, I’ll be watching film on my opponents...with my headphones on. I’m not here to make friends with you or anyone else here.

MARCIA
Oh, I get it. No offense taken. I’ll be studying my enemies, too. Especially Israel. That boy is fine. Kind of a jock, though. You know the type. Big on brawn, small on brains.

STACY
So what’s your strategy for Israel? You gonna twerk for him?