Page 75

CHAPTER 9

Marcia & Stacy’s Dorm

Marcia walks into the room. Her side of the dorm is bright pink, with several posters of boy bands and pop singers hanging on the walls. On her bed is an opened suitcase spilling over with shirts and hats and shoes. 

Stacy’s side, however, is almost empty – just a bed, a desk, and a heavy bag dangling from the ceiling.

A cameraman follows Marcia as she plops onto her bed. She speaks to the viewers.

MARCIA
Wow. What a day, huh? Of course, they’ve got the ladies rooming together. Personally, I wouldn’t mind sharing a bed with Israel, but I don’t mind Stacy. I mean, you saw her exhibition, right? So hot! Now don’t get me wrong. When it’s our time to fight, she’s going down. But I’ll make it up to her. We’ll go shopping and I’ll get her some shoes and everything will be fine.

Stacy enters with a small pack strapped around her back. She walks past Marcia towards her side of the room without saying a word.