Page 74

Adrien zooms in on the information regarding Israel Jahoa and Olson.

ADRIEN
Everyone thinks Israel is a favorite to win. But he’s simply not in my class. You’ll see. As far as Olson is concerned, there’s not much information here. But his mastery of suggestive projection is certainly something I respect. Still, I don’t anticipate losing to a guy like that.

The last profile in the folder is on Slater Johnson. Adrien sighs as he opens the file.

ADRIEN
And then there’s this guy. I don’t even know where to start. I’ve heard rumors about people accessing their abilities without a portal, but I've never seen it before today. And then what happened after…what he did to Plumley? I still don’t know. Can’t put that in words at all. And I don’t like it. I don’t like him. I think it’s a trick. He's got to be using some kind of illegal tech. I won't let some cheater destroy everything I've built here.