Page 25

A hand flips a heavy blue switch. Suddenly, a pair of thick metallic doors begin to close around the circle of light hanging above them. When the doors close completely, the lab coats file out of the Command Room.

Lau and Caine stare at each other for a moment.

LAU
Be careful how you speak to my assistants –

CAINE
Our assistants, Dr. Lau.

LAU
Of course. Our assistants. We don't want to appear as though we're stepping on each other's toes. It's not good for moral.

Caine looks at the barely conscious men lying on the platform.

CAINE
If you're so concerned about team moral, I'd worry less about me and more about them. I’m not sure if they can survive many more of your little tests.

LAU
Had we kept the portal open, we could heal them much faster.

CAINE
You mean put them back together just to have Adrien tear them apart again and again? I don't think so. I'm sending them to the infirmary.

LAU
Why are you here?
CAINE
The show is starting soon. I was sent to help with prep.

LAU