Page 27

Lau stares up at the large metal doors closing the M-Verse portal.

LAU
Yes, I lied to Niles at the press conference. I watched the video. Walker is a fool. I know you sympathized with the sentiments of those groups, Dr. Caine. Believe or not, a part of me does, too. On some level we all share a deep love for the M-Verse. I don’t blame anyone if they don’t understand the truth. There is no crime in being misguided.

CAINE
So because I have an opinion that differs from yours, I’m misguided?

LAU
Most people are. You. McNally. All 63,458 users who clicked the 'like button' on that idiotic video. 


Edward Lau takes one more step forward. Caine can feel his breath on her face. She's not intimidated, but the apparent madness in his eyes is unsettling.

LAU
But Walker isn't misguided at all. I can see it in his eyes. He's had direct contact with the M-Verse. My M-Verse. Adrien and I will make him pay.


He stands there for a moment longer, blowing puffs of hot air from his nose. Then he heads for the exit.

LAU
The system is prepped, Dr. Caine. Adrien's readouts are ready for your review. I'm going to fetch Mr. Plumley and prepare for The Exhibition. I trust you and Falcon can handle the rest.


Lau walks through the glass doors, but leaves Caine with his final thoughts.

LAU
McNally and I agree on one thing. We're going to have another exciting season. For once, you should try to enjoy it.

Lau exits.