Page 71

Dr. Lau turns away from his computer and looks at McNally, suddenly agitated.

LAU
Why exactly are you here, Mr. McNally? Have you come to offer assistance? Or stifle our productivity with complaints?

MCNALLY
Gordon and I are dealing with a literal army of media backlash and fans reaction. People want answers, Dr. Lau! I came here to get some. Apparently, I’m in the wrong place.

CAINE
How’s Gordon taking everything?

MCNALLY
How do you think he’s taking it, Michelle?

Dr. Caine sighs.

MCNALLY
Until you find some answers, I'd leave him alone for awhile.

CAINE
You can tell him that I have a theory.

LAU
Ignore her, McNally. Her so-called theory has absolutely no merit.

CAINE
Something is better than nothing.

LAU
Your theory is nothing!

CAINE
Who are you to decide?!

FALCON
People. Let’s take a deep breath, here. Now we’ve all got a lot on our minds, but we still have a tournament to run. Dr. Lau, in the interest of time, I think it would be best to let McNally at least hear her out.