Page 82

ISRAEL
Hey man, don’t take it personal. That’s exactly what she wants.

JASON
She said I was “tailor made” for her. Now I’m respectful to women and all. But I can’t let that kind of stuff fly, Issi.

ISRAEL
Don’t go there. I’m tellin’ you. She’s trying to bait you into challenging her. My advice? Let her fight someone else first. That way, you can get a better sense of her strengths and weaknesses.

JASON
Speaking of challenges. You read the challenge logs online yet?

ISRAEL
Yeah, man. Dale challenged Stacy in the first fight. That’s crazy. Little dude is gonna get crushed.

JASON
Exactly. Kid’s got all kinds of bad luck. He’s the youngest one here, not to mention the sorriest. Then they put him in a room with Slater. That’s got to be...interesting. And then he challenges Stacy of all people? That is one weird guy.